• Thu. Apr 25th, 2024

The Sri Lanka Sustainable Energy Authority (SLSEA) is seeking consultants for the pre-feasibility study of installing solar rooftop systems in State buildings.

The project is to be developed under a $100 million credit line facility from the Exim Bank of India. Of this sum, $85 million will be allocated to the deployment of rooftop PV arrays in government buildings under the country’s net metering scheme, $5 million to be used for floating installations, and $10 million will be allocated for installing solar-plus-storage systems for low-income households.

The Payment period of the loan is 20 years including a moratorium of 5 years at 1.75% interest per annum.

According to the bid document, 75% of the contract price should be supplied from India, and the remaining 25% of goods and services could be procured from Sri Lanka.

By Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *